Skip to content

Parvovirus IgM ELISA Kit ESR122M



  • Virion/Serion Diagnostic Kit for research use (RUO)
  • Parvovirus IgM ELISA Kit
  • Suitable for IgM detection
  • Ready-to-use
  • 96 tests
Weight1 lbs
Dimensions9 × 5 × 2 in

Parvovirus reactive IgM

species reactivity




assay type

Indirect & quantitative

available sizes

96 tests

Parvovirus IgM ELISA Kit ESR122M

Assay type
Indirect ELISA
Research area
Infectious Disease
Sample type
Serum, plasma, whole blood
Pretreatment of samples with RF-Absorbent (Z200) is recommended for use with IgM ELISA kits to eliminate presence of sample rheumatoid factors and possible false negative results.
Break apart microtiter test strips each with antigen coated single wells8 x 12 (96 Total)
Standard serum (ready-to-use)2 x 2 mL
Negative control serum (ready-to-use)2 mL
Anti-human-IgM-conjugate (ready-to-use)13 mL
Washing solution concentrate (sufficient for 1000ml)33.3 mL
Dilution buffer2 x 50 mL
Stopping solution15 mL
Substrate (ready-to-use)13 mL
Quality control certificate with standard curve and evaluation table1
Store at 2-8°C.
Associated products
Bordetella pertussis Filamentous Hemagglutinin (FHA) Antigen (BA120VS3)
Bordetella pertussis Toxin Antigen (BA120VS4)
Bordetella pertussis whole cell Antigen (BA120VS8)
Bordetella pertussis Toxin Human IgA Assay Control (BC1201A)
Bordetella pertussis IgA Control Serum (BC120A)
Bordetella pertussis IgG Control Serum (BC120G)
Bordetella pertussis Toxin IgA ELISA Kit (ESR1201A)
Bordetella pertussis Toxin IgG ELISA Kit (ESR1201G)
Bordetella pertussis IgA ELISA Kit (ESR120A)
Bordetella pertussis IgG ELISA Kit (ESR120G)
Bordetella pertussis IgM ELISA Kit (ESR120M)
target relevance
Parvovirus B19
Structure and strains
Human parvovirus B19, generally referred to as B19 virus (B19V), parvovirus B19 or sometimes erythrovirus B19, is the first (and until 2005 the only) known human virus in the family Parvoviridae, genus Erythroparvovirus; it measures only 23 26 nm in diameter. Human parvovirus b19 is a below-species classification of Erythroparvovirus primate1. The name is derived from Latin parvum, meaning small, reflecting the fact that B19 ranks among the smallest DNA viruses. B19 virus is most known for causing disease in the pediatric population; however, it can also affect adults. It is the classic cause of the childhood rash called fifth disease or erythema infectiosum, or "slapped cheek syndrome".
With a diameter of 18-26 nm, the worldwide distributed Parvovirus B19 belongs to the smallest human pathogens. Its capsid is made up of 95% of the structural protein VP2. The remaining 5% consists of VP1.

In many cases, Parvovirus B19 infections remain clinically asymptomatic. Infected children may develop erythema infectiosum, also named fifth disease. After an incubation period of four to 14 days garland-shaped exanthemas spread from the face downwards. The rash, in adults possibly accompanied by arthralgia in the small joints, may last for up to three weeks. Current studies in Germany indicate that 10-20% of children under three years of age have already had an infection with the virus. In adults, the seroprevalence increases to 70%. In pregnant women with primary Parvovirus B19 infection the virus is transmitted to the fetus and may lead to severe complications. In general, the regular course of an infection is limited by the synthesis of neutralizing antibodies. In immunosuppressed patients or patients with chronic haemolytic anaemia, infection may elicit severe clinical consequences with aplastic crisis, which can have fatal consequences.
Detection and diagnosis
As a consequence of the variable clinical symptoms which may be associated with Parvovirus B19 infection, a clinical diagnosis should be supported by the demonstration of virus specific antibodies.



Published literature highly relevant to the biological target of this product and referencing this antibody or clone are retrieved from PubMed database provided by The United States National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.



relevant to this product
ESR122M protocol


No results found


There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.